No, I have not been wearing my retainer, for the last 25 years. So here I am again, this time at 41, outfitted with metal to fix my bite.
I hope that the advancement in technology and the wisdom that comes with maturity (I can wish, can’t I?) will make this an interesting and, dare I say, a fun experience.
In addition to chronicling my year in braces, this blog will:
- Explore the “smile”–my own, others’ reactions to mine, and observations from society and culture.
- Share information and learning on natural health options to address the discomforts that will no doubt arise. (See the Healthy Options page for dental/orthodontic products that are healthy (or healthier) and (more) sustainable.)
- And will continue after the braces are off with info on retainers and whatever other post-braces life brings.
Some details on my treatment:
- Braces type: Self-ligating Damon braces
- Start date: February 28, 2007
- Actual end date: February 27, 2008
- Here’s a description of how I chose my orthodontist
- Read and see the monthly progress. Scroll to the bottom to start from the beginning.
Support this Blog
If you are a frequent Amazon shopper, please consider starting your Amazon shopping here, and I will receive a tiny referral fee for any and all products you buy during that shopping “trip”; enough to keep me in a healthy supply of floss. Thanks!