Yesterday afternoon, I tried the first Crest Whitestrips, to try to whiten my teeth.
The following is an account of the experience.
- I rinsed out my mouth and brushed lightly without toothpaste, then dried my top teeth with a towel.
- I applied the strip to the top teeth only, per the directions on the package. It was fairly easy to do.
- I felt two twinges on one tooth at the beginning, but no teeth pain afterward.
- About 15 minutes in, I started to feel discomfort in my neck/shoulders. A tightness and a very slight nausea.
I think my body is not happy about having these chemicals in my mouth. I’ve been using Crest toothpaste for the past few weeks because we had a tube leftover somehow, but otherwise, for the last five years or so, I have only used “healthier” dental care products (Tom’s of Maine, and Jason Natural products).
- After 25 minutes (instead of the prescribed 30 minutes), I pulled off the strip and threw it out; and rinsed off the rest from my teeth.
- That yucky feeling gradually went away over about 90 minutes. And then I brushed my teeth.
I’ll try the Whitestrips again to see if I have a similar experience. And will also investigate the ingredients to see what I might be reacting to.