I’m almost done! Actually, I have 3 months to go, but I’m 3/4 done! Woo-hoo!
Here’s my Month 9 State of the Braces report:
- Rubber bands: I have to admit, I’ve been slacking a bit on wearing these during the day, but have worn them every night. So that’s at least 8 hours every day.
- Power chain: These were put on my bottom teeth. The first few days were very painful, but no problem afterwards. They have worked; the gap between my molars is closing. See photo.
- Wire wreaking havoc: The uncomfortable consequence of the molar moving forward is that the wire is sticking of the bracket about 1 mm in the back. And tearing up my cheek again. I’ve been suffering and trying to get some relief with wax. It’s kind of working. Will get that clipped at the ortho office tomorrow.
- Face shape: Over Thanksgiving, my brother-in-law noted how my face looks thinner because I have more of a jaw than is natural. I wonder how I will look when the braces come off? Will I look different to myself, or like my old self? What will people who met me in the last year, and only know me with braces, think?
- Food: Still looking forward to biting into something crunchy, and enjoying some lovely dried dates.
Bite is looking, and feeling, better:
A new gap has opened up; I think another power chain might be coming. Ouch!
And look at the progress on closing the gap, compared to last time.